The Lopez Community Trail Network‘s guided hike schedule is out! Join experienced leaders for great hikes in the San Juans and beyond.
Download the brochure for details and contact info.
- March 12: Beach hike & cleanup, Lopez Island
- April 30: Birding ID, Lopez Island
- May 21: Turtleback Mountain, Orcas Island
- June 18: Mt. Grant, San Juan Island
- July 23: Hidden Lake lookout, North Cascades
- August 13: Skyline Divide, Mt. Baker
- September 24: Oyster Dome, Larrabee State Park (near Bellingham)
Sorry for the late notice… from Nick Teague, this info on two opportunities to help shape public use at Iceberg, today, tomorrow, and Friday:
– Today, Wednesday October 21st at the Lopez Library 1-4 pm for a review of all the input we received including at our last meeting, Sept 9th. We will look at the Iceberg maps and ensure we have not missed any social trails
– Tomorrow, October 22nd Thursday, 1-4 pm we will take a nice walk out to Iceberg Point and “Ground Truth” our maps. Meet at Agate Beach.
– October 23rd, Friday, 1-4 pm, Lopez Library we will gather again, review our examination of walking Iceberg Point, update the maps and chat it up on how best to prioritize, mark, sign and restore those social trails
Please join us if ya can and thanks a million for all the excellent participation. What a special place!!!! See ya there!!
Here is the link to Lopezrocks.org and where ya can find the latest SJINM newletters:
Our Land bank Steward, Tim Clark, will be a the Lopez Farmer’s Market tomorrow, June 7th from 10am to 2pm. Tim will be sharing two booths with our local, State, and Federal land managers:
Friends of Lopez Hill
Lopez Community Trails Network
Lopez Island Conservation Corps
San Juan County Land Bank
San Juan County Parks
San Juan Preservation Trust
Washington State Parks
U.S. Bureau of Land Management
This is a great opportunity to come out and meet the great folks who care for and manage our public and conservation lands! Stop by and say Hello while you’re enjoying the Market tomorrow.